- If seeking financial assistance, initiate the application/renewal process as soon as possible
- Register for classes at your earliest opportunity! (my.usi.edu)
- Print and keep a copy of your class schedule; locate your classrooms ahead of time
- Have a copy of your class schedule with you when purchasing books; order books online at www.usi.edu/campusstore
- Pay your bill on time! Bills are not mailed; you will be notified by email when an online statement is available
- If living on campus, request/finalize your University housing assignment
- Make any schedule changes now—don't wait until the first week of classes; save time, don't stand in line, go online (my.usi.edu)
- Check your USI email account regularly for important University correspondence (my.usi.edu)
Students are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor prior to the registration process to ensure timely completion of their academic goals. For more information, visit www.usi.edu/registrar/registration/academic-advising.
Prior to the priority registration period, any undergraduate degree-seeking student with a cumulative USI grade point average less than 2.00 will have a registration hold placed on their record. A student receiving this registration hold must consult with an academic advisor prior to registration for the next semester to formulate a plan for improving academic performance.
If you live or work on Evansville's east side, downtown Evansville, or in Warrick County, USI courses may be right around the corner! Each spring and fall, many courses (many meeting Core 39 requirements) are offered at the following off-campus locations:
- Eastside–National Guard Armory, 3300 E. Division St. (typically Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays)
- Downtown–Innovation Pointe, 318 Main St. (typically upper-level or graduate classes)
- Warrick County–Castle High School, Hwy. 261, Newburgh (typically one night a week, Monday through Thursday)
For directions, maps, and parking information for these off-campus sites, visit www.usi.edu/nearby. Several other off-campus locations are utilized from time to time; log on to myUSI to Look Up Classes by campus (Main, Distance Education, Off-Campus).
Each semester, a number of courses are offered via Online Learning. For a listing of online learning classes, log on to myUSI and search by campus type or visit www.usi.edu/onlinelearning for additional information.
USI students follow the appropriate registration schedule to enroll in USI Online Learning courses. Online learning courses are designated by a section number beginning with an ".N" and the second character provides additional delivery information:
||Internet-based, some required classroom attendance
||Internet and other media such as CD-ROM
||Internet and required videoconference attendance at remote locations
||Internet and videotape/DVD rental/podcast
NOTE: Online learning sections may require proctored exam times. It is the student's responsibility to locate a proctor and/or proctoring site to fulfill the course requirements. Consult your course syllabus or contact the instructor to determine if exam proctoring is required.
If a USI course is not available or is not offered via online learning, students may be able to enroll in an equivalent course at our partner institutions through the Indiana College Network (ICN), with academic advisor approval. The course and grade are recorded on the student's USI transcript and in the GPA calculation (rather than as transfer credit), the hours are included in the student's semester class load, and financial aid benefits may be used for the course. Students request to register for ICN courses through www.icn.org instead of myUSI. Students are encouraged to register early, but an ICN course request for Fall 2017 must be received in the USI Online Learning Office by 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, August 16. Students who drop/withdraw from an ICN course are required to submit a course drop request via the ICN website (www.icn.org). For further details about distance learning visit www.usi.edu/onlinelearning.
Online Student Readiness Assessment
Curious about your readiness level for online learning success? The Department of Online Learning offers a free online assessment tool (a $25 value) to help you discover your readiness level before deciding on an online course or online degree program. Log on to Blackboard and enter the course site "FREE Online Learning Student Readiness Assessment" to start the 20 to 30 minute assessment. If you do not see this course on Blackboard, or have questions, contact the Department of Online Learning at 812-228-5124 or email email@example.com.
Online Student Support Services
The Department of Online Learning offers various services to support students' online learning success:
- Exam Proctoring Services - Free exam proctoring services is available for online students every Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday from 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Technical Support - Online Learning students can receive technical assistance by calling 812-465-1080 or emailing IT@usi.edu.
Quick Guide to Accessing Online Registration
- Log on to myUSI (my.usi.edu) by entering your USERNAME and PASSWORD
- Click on the Self Service icon on the dashboard
- Selecting Student takes you to the main Student Services menu
- From the Registration link, you can:
— view your Registration Status and check for holds
— search courses by discipline, day, time, etc. (Look Up Classes)
— check course seat availability (Look Up Classes)
— register for a term (Add or Drop Classes)
— revise your schedule (Add or Drop Classes)
— view your schedule (Concise Student Schedule, Student Detail Schedule)
Don't forget to print your class schedule before logging out!
For a more information about online registration and a list of registration menu options and functions, refer to the Online Registration; myUSI section.