- If seeking financial assistance, initiate the application/renewal process as soon as possible
- Register for classes at your earliest opportunity! (my.usi.edu)
- Print and keep a copy of your class schedule; locate your classrooms ahead of time
- Have a copy of your class schedule with you when purchasing books; order books online at www.usi.edu/campusstore
- Pay your bill on time! Bills are not mailed; you will be notified by email when an online statement is available
- If living on campus, request/finalize your University housing assignment
- Make any schedule changes now—don’t wait until the first week of classes; save time, don’t stand in line, go online (my.usi.edu)
- Check your USI email account regularly for important University correspondence (my.usi.edu)
Students are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor prior to the registration process to ensure timely completion of their academic goals. For more information, visit www.usi.edu/registrar/registration/academic-advising.
Prior to the priority registration period, any undergraduate degree-seeking student with a cumulative USI grade point average less than 2.00 will have a registration hold placed on their record. A student receiving this registration hold must consult with an academic advisor prior to registration for the next semester to formulate a plan for improving academic performance.
Each semester, a number of courses are offered via online learning. For a listing of online learning sections, log on to myUSI and search by Campus Type.
USI students follow the appropriate registration schedule to enroll in online learning sections. Online learning courses are offered with a variety of delivery methods, as designated by the following section codes:
| Online learning, asynchronous, Internet only
| Online learning, Internet-based, with some required classroom attendance
| Online learning, Internet only with required synchronous videoconferencing sessions
NOTE: Online learning sections may require proctored exams. Consult your course syllabus or contact the instructor to determine if exam proctoring is required. Exam proctoring may be online utilizing an exam proctoring program or scheduled as an on-campus meeting with the instructor. If exams are proctored utilizing an exam proctoring program then students are required to have a webcam, microphone and university or government issued ID.
Online Learning Non-resident Delivery Fee. A $30 per credit hour delivery fee is assessed for all non-resident students taking online learning courses.
Online Learning Fee. A $50 online learning fee is assessed for each online learning course. Online learning courses also may have additional fees that are course-specific.
Online Student Support Services
Online Learning offers various services to support students’ online learning success:
- Exam Proctoring Services - On-campus exam proctoring services are available for online students every Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Technical Support - Online students can receive technical assistance by calling 812-465-1080 or emailing IT@usi.edu.
Quick Guide to Accessing Online Registration
- Log on to myUSI (my.usi.edu) by entering your USERNAME and PASSWORD
- Click on the Self Service icon on the dashboard
- Selecting Student takes you to the main Student Services menu
- From the Registration link, you can:
— view your Registration Status and check for holds
— search courses by discipline, day, time, etc. (Look Up Classes)
— check course seat availability (Look Up Classes)
— register for a term (Add or Drop Classes)
— revise your schedule (Add or Drop Classes)
— view your schedule (Concise Student Schedule, Student Detail Schedule)
Don’t forget to print your class schedule before logging out!
For a more information about online registration and a list of registration menu options and functions, refer to the Online Registration; myUSI section.