Jan 18, 2022
College of Nursing and Health Professions >> Radiologic and Imaging Sciences
Radiologic and Imaging Sciences Degree Requirements
Refer to the Radiologic and Imaging Sciences section of the bulletin for an overview of the Radiologic and Imaging Sciences program, including available tracks and admission requirements.
Candidates for the Radiologic and Imaging Sciences must meet the following general requirements and complete the Radiologic and Imaging Sciences professional courses required for the specialty area of study:
- Complete the USI Core 39
- Maintain a grade of C or better in all Radiologic and Imaging Sciences courses and other selected courses
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average or better.
Track 1 – Radiologic Technology Curriculum
A grade of C or better is required for all radiologic and imaging sciences courses (including HP 115 ), plus the following Core 39 courses: UNIV 101 , ENG 101 , ENG 201 , CMST 101 or CMST 107 , Core 39 Mathematics, IPH 356 , Scientific and Mathematical Inquiry (PHYS 101 , PHYS 361 , or PHYS 371 ), BIOL 121 , and BIOL 122 . A typical semester-by-semester course schedule is shown here.
Fall and Spring Semesters - First Year and Fall Semester - Second Year
Foundations: 14 hours (minimum)
Ways of Knowing: 12 hours (minimum)
And select two (2) additional categories from among:
- Creative and Aesthetic Expression
- Historical Inquiry
- Social Inquiry
- World Languages and Culture
Bachelor of Science: 13 hours (minimum)
- Radiologic and Imaging Sciences - Track 1 majors should select any Ways of Knowing or Bachelor of Science; or B.S. in Radiologic and Imaging Sciences Track 1 major courses that have an embedded experience in Diversity, Global and/or Writing.
Additional courses required for the B.S. in Radiologic and Imaging Sciences - Track 1 majors:
Spring Semester (11 hours)
Summer Sessions (8 hours)
Spring Semester (12 hours)
Summer Sessions (6 hours)
Spring Semester (9 hours)