College of Nursing and Health Professions >> Respiratory Therapy
The degree completion option of the respiratory therapy program allows practicing registered respiratory therapists with the NBRC credential RRT to earn a Bachelor of Science degree with a major of respiratory therapy through 100% online coursework. Individuals entering the degree completion program in respiratory therapy must have completed a CoARC accredited associate degree program in respiratory therapy and must hold a current National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) credential in Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
A traditional 4-year program in Respiratory Therapy is available to students who are not already a practicing respiratory therapist.
In addition to the required supporting coursework and required respiratory therapy coursework, students in the degree completion option must earn a minimum of 120 credit hours, including a minimum of 30 hours completed at USI and a minimum of 39 hours completed at the 300/400 level.
Admission to the RRT to BSRT degree completion program is based upon the following criteria:
- Completion of an associate degree in a CoARC accredited respiratory therapy program and regional accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 2.3 on a 4.0 scale; students with a 2.0 – 2.9 will be considered on an individual basis
- Unencumbered RRT credential through the National Board of Respiratroy Care (NBRC)
- Completion of the USI RRT-BSRT undergraduate application
- Submission of official transcripts from all colleges attended
Non-native speakers of English must provide an official report confirming a TOEFL score of 197 (computerized test) or 71 (Internet based), or IELTS score of 6, or Cambridge English (Advanced) Minimum grade of C, or ELS Completion Level 112.