BS in Radiologic and Imaging Sciences
Radiologic and Imaging Science Program, Track 3
Registered Allied Health Specialist + Specialty Tracks
Admission to Track 3 requires graduation from an allied health professions program recognized by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Students for this track also must have passed the AART certification exam and are currently registered by the AART.
Track 3 majors will select one of the three specialty areas to complete their BS in Radiologic and Imaging program:
- Track 3 A — Clinical Education
- Track 3 B — Radiologic Management or
- Track 3 C — Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Computed Tomography
A minimum of 30 semester credit hours must be taken at the University of Southern Indiana. The BS in Radiologic and Imaging Sciences majors must complete a minimum of 39 hours of 300/400 level credit hours.
Specialty Area Track 3 Curricula:
* Completion of the University Core 39 Curriculum;
** Completion of an allied health professions program recognized by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART). Registered radiologic technologists or others who have completed an allied health program recognized by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologic Technologists (AART) will receive 2 semester hours of lower level and 46 semester hours of upper level block credit.
* Completion of Track 3 special area courses.
* Admission to Tracks 3 A, B, or C required that the student is a registered radiographer or other that has completed an allied health program recognized by the AART.
** Block credit for Track 3 majors for passing the AART certification exam.